Friday, October 15, 2010

Dress Design For Shabby Apple Dresses

Dress Design For Shabby Apple Dresses.  Shabby Apple is holding a dress design contest, so I thought I might take a whack at it.  Now take into mind I am not very good with a pen and paper, so I will have to describe it a little in words.

 The Front of the Dress

This is a yellow dress with cap sleeves.  The hem brushes the knees  There is a white cotton belt in the middle, and the skirt is super full will occasional pleats of white that poke through the yellow when you move.

The Back of the Dress

The back of the dress has an invisible zipper with buttons down it to make it almost look like a button up back.  The white cotton belts connects under a clean square bow.

The Fabric

This is a light summer dress, so the fabric needs to be light and airy to go along with the movement of the skirt.  I would think that cotton would be best.  Now when I took this picture, the textured fabric looks a lot more orange than it really is.  The Dress itself is a deep textured yellow with a lighter shade of yellow as a lining, with occasional pleats of white in the skirt.

The Front Buttons

I would want white buttons like the one above for the front of the dress.

The Back Buttons

I would want the buttons down the back of the dress to be clear and carved (like a diamond almost) like the one above. 

I was really inspired by spring sunshine.  It is not too overbearing and hot but just perfect for an afternoon picnic under a tree.

I hope I was able to communicate my idea well and I hope you all like it!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! Love the design for your dress Liz! I'm finally back online.....woo hoo! I've been offline for almost a whole month here at home. I hope you are doing wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete