Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Larissa's Trip to California Day One

So for Larissa's Vacation 2010, she came to the bay area to spend the week with me!  I was the most fabulous week I can recall.  I have missed her more than I can even express.  It was wonderful to have her here!

For Day One, I had her take a bus then the train to Palo Alto where I picked her up (I had to work for a couple hours).  I picked her up at about 11am.  We were both starving, so I took her to the California Pizza Co. for lunch.  The California Pizza Co. is one of my favorite places to eat.  Actually it is Eriks and I's favorite date night location.  We both had a Hawaiian pizza .  After a very filling lunch, I showed her around the Standford Shopping Center.  We then went to Stanford itself.  Our first stop was Hoover Tower.

Hoover Tower

Larissa and I on top of Hoover Tower

Me and the bells

The view from the Tower

After we went to Hoover Tower, Larissa and I went to the Stanford Church.  Unfortunately, it was under light construction so we weren't able to take it all in as normal, but it was very beautiful.  We were able to go inside and took time to look at all of the stain glass windows.  Larissa and I loved it.

Larissa in front of Stanford Church

Inside the Church

Two of the many stain glass windows

After spending time in the church, we made our way to the bookstore where we bought matching Stanford shirts.  They are super cute!  After that, we headed over to the museum.  We really enjoyed the museum as you can see!

Budda

Our impression of the statue Ha!

Larissa and the famous wooden horse

Mrs. Robinson (with a New Hat) by Fredrick Emanuel Shane 
This was our favorite.  I don't know why, but we just found this HILARIOUS!  
Both the picture itself and the name

Larissa and I at The Gates of Hell

After the museum, we went home and had Hamburgers on the grill.  For dessert, we went to Peninsula Creamery for Milkshakes.  Boy were they good! It was a great start to a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment