Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Birthday with Eriks

To celebrate my birthday, Eriks and I spent the day together. We decided to go to Monteray to celebrate. Our first stop was the Monteray Bay Aquarium. It was so much fun! The aquarium is one of my favorite places here in Cali.
Hanging from the ceiling are life size models of killer and sperm whales. This is me with the killer whale:

I loved these turtles! Last time we were at the aquarium, the turtles were not on display because they were eating their enclosure. I know, kinda funny. Well, the turtles' new home was finally completed so we got to see them. I was really excited about this because I have never seen sea turtles before.


The aquarium had another new exhibit. Flamingos! I have never seen a flamingo before, and this was a real treat!

After the aquarium, we went to Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. There was a little bit of a wait, but Eriks and I didn't mind, we used the time to snap a picture.

While we were waiting, Eriks surprised me with a little turtle he picked up for me at the aquarium while I wasn't looking. :)

When we got into the restaurant, we had a very nice dinner. I had fish and chips, and Eriks had chicken. We had a beautiful view of the bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment