Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day Three of Idaho Trip

On Saturday, my family and I got up early and went to the zoo. Our family as a whole are animal enthusiasts to say the least. We love not only being with and seeing animals, but also learning about them. So, as you might imagine, going to the zoo is one of our favorite family activities! We try to go at least three times a year. Here are some fun pictures of Saturday's trip at the zoo:

Almost every time we go to the zoo, my wonderful parents treat us to Dipin Dots. This part of the trip is always really special to us kids. And, as always, we had to take our Dipin Dots pics! : )

For those of you that haven't been to the Boise Zoo in the past couple of years, you need to go! The zoo used to be just mediocre, but now it is fantastic! All of the fundraising the past 8 years or so has really paid off. The African section is spectacular. Not only do they have giraffes, lions, and hyenas but they also have a bunch of other smaller African animals. The learning centers that have been incorporated into the facility have really added to the zoo experience as well!
After our zoo adventure, we relaxed in the shade of Julia Davis park, and had a picnic.

Saturday night, I had the opportunity to hang out with Falon and Shay. It was really great to get together with them, I have really missed those two girls.  It was really a chill evening.  When I first got there, the three of us took Ripley on a walk to the park.  When we got back, Falon brought out the food.  She had prepared a nice variety of appetizers and desserts.  It was fabulous!  It was so nice to just chit chat and snack.  Later in the evening Andrew joined us for a game of Apples to Apples (my fave).  Let me tell you, when the four of us get going, there is no stopping us!  It is always so much fun.  We played late into the night.  By the time I got home, I crashed!  (unfortunately I forgot my camera when I went to Falon's so no pics!)

No comments:

Post a Comment