Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sonoma Valley

Renate Aivars Eriks and I all made a trip up to Sonoma Valley for some wine tasting and a pic-a-nic. We first drove up to the city to pick up Renate and then headed north.

There is something about this bridge that makes me so happy

The view of the first winery that we went to 

Not only was it beautiful, but it had a pool and because it is owned by Francis Ford Coopola, it was like a mini museum.  Before we enjoyed some fabulous wines, we got to look around at all of the cool stuff from him movies and whatnot.

Awards

From The Godfather

Eriks and the boat from Maria Antoinette

From Dracula

From Apocalypse Now

Haha I thought this was really funny

After looking at all of the really cool displays and drinking some great wine, we went over to the second winery.  I thought that this was an awesome idea for decoration!

Aivars and Renate

Me and Eriks enjoying some fabulous wines

After the wine tasting, the four of us went out behind the winery and found a little table and had a picnic, I didn't get any pictures of it, but it was really fun.  We had wine, cheese, bread, and fruit.  It was so yummy.  After some lunch, the boys hung out while me and Renate went out and took some pictures.


These are some of the pictures that I took:

Me and the vineyard

When we went to the third winery, I didn't sample, and there were a lot of people, so I just didn't bother with any pictures.  But I did see this giant pumpkin, and had to get a picture with it.

The forth winery we went to was really neat and had this AMAZING view


First we did some wine tasting in the tasting room.  (I swear I can't take Eriks anywhere! Tehe) 

After some tastes, we got to go into the wine cellar and do some barrel tasting.  It was really neat because it is something that not very many people get to do.  We got to taste the wines that had not even been bottled yet.


After some great wine, the four of us went out on the deck to enjoy the view and take some pictures

The last winery that we went to was this super cute little family winery.  I just loved the sign!

Eriks and I were really enjoying the view and Aivars snapped this shot without us realising it.  I think it makes it that much sweeter

No comments:

Post a Comment