Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Time Is Here

The day before Christmas Eve, I had to work until 6pm but as soon as I got off, Eriks and I headed to the city.  We got some Tai food and just walked around.  The main event of our evening was by far Macy's.  I have always loved going to Macy's during the holidays because of all the decorations.  Well... this was 6 stories of holiday goodness.  It is so beautiful! It was a really wonderful evening.  After we had had our fill, we headed home.  Santa informed us that he was coming a day early because we were going to spend Christmas Eve night and Christmas at Lauma's.
Christmas Eve morning, we woke up and sure enough Santa had come.  So... we opened some stockings.  Eriks got lots of candy, boxers, tools, a Christmas CD and more, I got candy, a Taylor Swift CD, a snow globe and more.  For Christmas Eriks got a sweater, two shirts, a jacket, Jenga, and A Christmas Story with a matching ordainment.  For Christmas, I got a Star Wars Family Guy movie and The Harry Potter Film Wizardry book that I am absolutely in love with.  Eriks also got me a really big present, but I had to wait and open it in front of the family.  After eating breakfast, Eriks and I prepared our part of the Christmas Eve dinner.  Eriks made sauerkraut and I made yams.  At about 5:30pm we headed up to the big house.  After some last minute food preparation, we were all ready to eat.

The turkey came out beautifully

Aivars had the privilege of carving the turkey

We are all ready for Christmas Eve dinner

After Christmas Eve Dinner, we all headed to the Stanford Church for the Christmas Eve Service.  The service was really lovely.  The sermon was great and it was so much fun singing Christmas Songs with so many people.  At the end of the service, they turned out all of the lights and everyone had a candle and we all sang Silent Night. It was beautiful!
When we all got home, it was time for the entertainment.  I was the first one to go, I did a craft.  We all made snowman magnets.  I think they turned out really well. 

(From Left to Right) Aivars, Lauma, Eriks, Ron, me and Indra

After the craft, Indra read a Christmas story

After the story, Lauma read a beautiful short story in Latvian and then translated it into English.  Then, Ron read a poem.  Last but not least, Aivars.  Aivars lead us all in a very festive rendition of Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer.
Aivars Leading the song

Okay, this picture is very burly but I think you can tell how much fun we were having!

After the entertainment was time for presents!  So many presents!

Handing out all of the presents

There was lots and lots of presents, but this is a small high light of the major presents.

Aivars gift from us.... A Ladder!

Aivars and Eriks got matching "Nerd Layer Brothers" sweatshirts from Indra.  They are awesome!

Eriks (and Aivars) got a really cool keyboard thingy for gaming
I think it is safe to say that he was a little excited

Eriks and I got both Indra and Ron Snuggies
"Raise the Roof"

And last but not least my BIG present.  Eriks was sooo excited for me to open this one.
It is a Dress Form!  I have wanted one of these for so long!
I love it!

We were up past 2:30am open presents and hanging out.  We became exhausted and decided it was time for bed.  Before we knew it, it was already Christmas morning.  After we were all awake, it was time to open some stockings.


After stockings, Ron and Indra left to go spend Christmas with Ron's Family.  Aivars Eriks Lauma and I had a breakfast of left overs and then took a really long nap. After our nap, we all got ready and went to the theatre and watched True Git (which as amazing btw).
Overall my Christmas was wonderful.  I really missed my family a lot, but even without them, I had a very enjoyable Christmas!


















No comments:

Post a Comment