Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Most Amazing Day

Eriks and I had the most AMAZING day today! We have been wanting to go to the beach since we got here, but we were always busy or it was stormy. Well... we finally went today. We mainly wanted to go to the beach to collect sea glass since all of the storms brought it to the shore. For those of you who don't know, I am starting my own business. I am creating jewelry, mirrors, picture frames and a couple of other things out of sea glass and selling them at local markets and sea glass. To be able to get the business up and going, I need to get a bigger stock pile of sea glass to work with.
We started out by searching for glass, and man did we find some. The storm brought in some very unique, beautiful and BIG pieces. I have enough to starting working on several pieces! : ) After an hour or so of searching though rocks I got a little bored. I don't know why, cuz I have never been interested in it before, but I have a desire to go running. I ran along the beach for about 20 min! It was really fun. Then, Eriks and I played in the ocean for a while. I went in past my knees. The waves were amazing. I was in awe of God's creation. I know it sounds cliche but I had a worship service with just myself and God as an audience. I was just so overcome with emotion, worshiping my God was all I wanted to do at that moment.
It started to get a little colder, so for about an hour, Eriks and I played with a football. I didn't know it, but I guess I am really good at throwing the ball. Not so good at catching it...... but hay, who can be great at EVERYTHING :) . When we came home, I took a bath. I cannot remember the last time I have taken a bath. It was wonderful! Now, I am just sitting on the couch relaxing. My day has been so fantastic, I just wanted to share!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I always thought my dream job would be working in a craft store (or better yet, owning one) and spending my days creating fun stuff. Demo's on craft techniques, new mediums for artwork, playing with clay--if I had a talent for that!

    I'm excited for you to do this. You will have a blast!

    ReplyDelete