Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Years in the City!

For New Years, Eriks and I took a train into the city to watch the fireworks. It was really exciting because it was the first time I had ever ridden a train before!
Me and my train ticket.
Eriks and I on the train into San Francisco. I was really excited!

Once we got into the city, Eriks and I went and got some pizza. I tell you, since I have moved here, I have had the best pizza. There are a bunch of little pizza places and man are they good! Well anyways after dinner, we went to Safeway to get a slice of cake for desert. While we were standing in line, a fight broke out between a group of guys in front of us and a group of guys with their girlfriends behind us. While it was going on I was kind of freaking out. They weren't actually hitting each other, they were just up in each other's faces and yelling. Looking back it was actually really funny. There was this little Asian man who was the "security guard" who must have been at least 80 with no hair and only had the use of one of his eyes. Well as soon as the fight broke out, he slowly walked to the other side of the store. The things the guys were yelling at each other was actually really funny. One of the guys yelled "why don't you go home and hold your momma's purse" and the other guy responded "Go hold my momma's purse? Is that the best you can do? Hold my momma's purse?" During the whole confrontation, I was trying to go to another line but Eriks said "No I stood here in this line and I am gonna check out!"
After we found a place to eat our cake, Eriks and I had a really good chuckle about the events that had just taken place. We then walked to the bay bridge area to watch the fireworks. We had to get a sit early so that we could actually have a good spot. It was fun. We found a place to sit and just talked together.
The bridge, lights and people
The bridge and a boat
Kinda dark, but it is me with the Bay Bridge in the background

The fireworks were beautiful. San Francisco has a much bigger budget then Boise so their fireworks were better than any I had ever seen! My favorite was the purple flower fireworks. I also really liked the smiley face and the multicolored ones! After the fireworks, we walked back to the train station. I tell you, I have never seen so many drunk, and I mean really drunk people before! Eriks said this is the worst year for drunk people he has ever seen. When we got on the train, we sat on the second story, and boy am I glad we did. Not only was it really cool to sit above most everyone, but there were a lot of drunk and puking people on the train. We sat above two girls who were just obnoxious and puking everywhere.
The very drunk girls. I just had to take a picture!
Besides all the drunk drama, Eriks an I really had fun on the train. It took us an hour and a half to get back to our car just because there were so many people. But because we were on the second level, we were really above all the drama were able to really enjoy our time together.
Me goofing around on the train
Eriks on the train

We didn't get home until about 3am, but we had so much fun! I am so excited to see what 2010 has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment