Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Move to California!

Before we left, the cats just loved playing in the boxes

So we left on Saturday December 26th 2009. It started off a little rough at Uhaul. It took us an hour to get our trailer because the first one didn't work, and they kept blaming our car. So finally they tried a different trailer and it worked. I felt a little bad because my family was waiting for us at our apartment the whole time. We finally made it back to our apartment around10ish. When we got they, there was a lot of work to be done. We still had to finish packing some random stuff and load EVERYTHING up. My family was such a big help. To be honest, I really didn't do all that much. I was just so overwhelmed by everything I kinda just walked around. We have so much stuff! I honestly don't think we could have taken anything more than what we did. My dad, brother and Eriks all had to literally shove the last bit in the trailer while someone pulled the door closed. I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to get the door closed or not. We finally departed around 1pm. The goodbyes were really hard, especially for my mom and me. I finally stopped crying just outside of Marsing. I wish Baldur had stopped by then. That silly cat would not stop yelling. We finally pulled over and gave him some more sedatives. We think that he must not have swallowed them the first time because about a half an hour after we gave him the second dose he calmed down. We stopped for the night in Winnamucka. We kinda splurged with the hotel but it was so worth it! It was a wonderful suite! There was a sitting area, a wonderful bed, beautiful bathroom and all the furniture was all made out or cherry! I truly felt like a princess. It was a great night. Eriks and I went to dinner then just came back and relaxed. It truly was a fabulous night! The next morning we left semi early to go to Reno. Our original plan was to spend the night in Reno, but when I called to check on our reservation, I found out that the kennel only accepts dog, and not cats. So, we had to cancel the reservation and decided to drive all the way through to Woodside Ca. Thankfully we were able to get all of our money back! We were both really hungry, so we stopped at the gas station and got a huge and completely unhealthy breakfast.
Me and our fantastic breakfast

It ended up being a really long day of driving, but we finally made it around 10 pm at our new home. Our little apartment in Lauma's (Eriks' mom) basement is amazing we have our own bathroom, 2 bedrooms, and a living/kitchen space. It was a really great start to our new life in California!
We made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment