Friday, March 19, 2010

Day in San Francisco

Eriks and I have been wanting to spend the day in San Francisco for a while now. We saw that it was suppose to be 65-70 degrees yesterday so we thought it would be the perfect day to take a trip.
Around noon, Eriks and I took the train into the city. I always enjoy riding the train, there are always so many interesting people to watch.
By the time we got to the city, I was hungry. We walked to Whole Foods so that I could get a salad. From there, we went to this really cute area. It had the Children's Museum, a mary-go-round, and a little park with grass and a playground. I was kind of surprised that there was such a kid friendly place in the middle of the big city. We sat in the courtyard and basked in the the sun while I ate my salad. We also sat for a bit and watched the children run around and play. We decided to walk down to Pier 39 which was several miles from were we were.
The city was just beautiful! It was not too hot and not too cold. As we were walking, we saw this and I just had to jump in for a pic!

On our way to the pier, we stopped and saw an exhibit of old Hollywood's clothes. Some of my favorite were Dorthy's dress from the Wizard of Oz, Marylin Monroe's lingerie, and several of Lucile O'Ball's dresses. We also walked through this area where there was a bunch of street vendors. It was fun to look at all of the crafts for sale. When finally got to the bay, we took a little break at the Ferry Building. We sat on a dock and talked for a half and hour or so. By this time we were both getting hungry so we finished the long walk to Pier 39 to get a late lunch. We decided decided to go to the Hard Rock Cafe. I have never been to The Hard Rock Cafe before, and it was an experience to say the least. For lunch I ordered a burger and Eriks had a pulled pork sandwich.

The food was FABULOUS! We were sitting at the table with the Elvis display. My favorite part about it was the sun glasses that were worn by Him:

After lunch, I went around the restaurant to look at all of the other displays. These were my favorite:




After lunch, we did some of the touristy stuff. I bought some salt water taffy and we went to a lookout area and watched the bay for a while. It was beautiful. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and only the slightest bit of fog hovering over the water.


After hanging out around Pier 39 we decided to head back. But... before we did, of course we had to get some ice cream! We sat on a bench and watched the bay as we ate.


On our way back, we saw this bike. I wanted to share it with all of you. It was just too funny not to:

By the time we got back to the train station, we were both exhausted. The train ride home was fun. Eriks and I were able to find 2 seats together which was really nice. When we got home I went straight to bed and passed out. It was so nice to have a day for just the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment