Tuesday, July 6, 2010

John's Day

For John's Day this year, we decided to keep it low key.  All of the normal people got together at the house on the hill for a celebration.  It was a lot of fun!  It we did dinner in a potluck style so it was really easy.  Indra did the decorating (and did a fabulous job if I might add). 
I went over when I got off work.  I was really excited to get started so Indra and I started the crown making almost right away.  I decided to have an all yellow crown this year.  Here is the two of us working on the crowns:



Because I got there so early, Lauma, Indra and I slowly set up for the party and just kind of hung out and relaxed.  I do have to say, this was one of the least stressful parties we have prepared for yet! 
It is also tradition for the women to make the oak leaf crowns for the men, so when Eriks got to the house after work, I had his crown waiting for him.  At first, the crown was WAY too big, but I made some adjustments and I think it turned out well!

I am always excited to see him when he comes home from work!


Just having some fun!



Eriks and Ron did a great job grilling!


Unfortunately Bob couldn't make it on account of his bowling night, but Peter came.  He is always so much fun!  He he is with Phyllis and Inga at dinner.


Indra and Ron at dinner


Silly Peter


Larissa and Grasin (sp?)  These two are some of Aivars' best friends.


Unfortunately I had to go to bed at 8 o'clock because I had to work in the morning, but from what I hear everyone continued to have a great time after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment