Saturday, July 31, 2010

Krawza Family Reunion Part One

From July 9th to July 15th, I went to the Midwest for some family time. My Mom Dad and brothers were actually on vacation for a whole month. I wasn’t able to take a month off so I just joined them for a week. I had a great time and figured I would share my adventures with all of you so, here is the story of my adventure… 
SFO is the biggest airport I had ever been in.  I was really taken aback by how big it was.  I got on the plane around 11:15pm and had to wait another 45 minutes until we took off.  Surprisingly the flight was really full.  I was so excited when I realized that not one person sat in my row.  I was so tired!  It was nice to lay out over all the seats to sleep.  I arrived in Minneapolis MN around 5am.  The first two days of my trip, my family and I hung out in Menomonie with my Daddy’s parents.  Menomonie is a couple hours from Minneapolis so I took a van from the airport to Menomonie.  The ride was TERRIABLE I was stuck in the back and was constantly being thrown out of my seat, even with my seatbelt on.  By the time we got to the drop off spot I was so excited to see my family I could barely contain myself.  I literally ran off of the van to my family.  After several minutes of hugs and kisses, I look over and the van driver is waving at me to come back.  I was the only one getting off at that stop whoops!  I thought everyone was getting off and I left my bags there.  So Andrew, being the fabulous and strong brother that he is, went with me to get my bags.


 When we got to Grandma’s house, breakfast was waiting for us.  She made the yummiest baked French toast, and even made a special one for me.  Some of you might not know, but my Grandma and Marv went to England and Israel on a vacation.  Well they brought everyone back something.  The boys got these really cute hats from England, and the girls got some beautiful scarves from Israel.  On top of that, my Grandma bought me and my mommy matching necklaces.  It was really funny because before I opened the gift, I kept commenting on how much I loved the necklace that my momma was wearing and it turns out I got one too!  I was really excited about my gifts!
My first day in Menomonie was a busy one; first, my Grandma took us to this really old theatre.  Ethan was so excited because the theatre was very similar to the theatre where Lincoln was assassinated. 
This is all of us out in front of theatre.

I thought this was really cool.  This glass window was made by Tiffany’s.
 

 This is my daddy in the Blue Room.  This is where all the Ladies would wait for their Gentleman to get them with the carriage as well as where they spent the intermission.

 This is me, momma and Ethan in the Blue Room.  The Blue room was on the opposite side of the theatre than the Rose Room and was where the gentleman spent the intermission.

Me and my momma on a pretty couch

My brothers and I had a lot of fun goofing off in the theatre.

 Geeze what boys!

My momma snapped this quick picture of me and the theatre from a different angle.

Later that afternoon, my family and I went over to my great-grandmother’s house.  I love this woman!  She is so sweet, and was the first one in my family (besides my parents and bros) to make me feel like I was really a part of the family.  While we were at her house, Ethan, Andrew and I jumped on the trampoline and played in the corn.  Now looking back at it, we had a really fun time, but I don’t remember what Noah was doing.
A little later, all of us went to the park for a picnic.  My Grandpa and his kids were going to meet us there later.  Man!  Wisconsin has the best playground equipment!  My brothers and I had so much fun!  My mom didn’t get any pictures of us playing, but she did get this picture of us pooped and talking.




After playing for a while, it was time to start cooking.  We were all really hungry so we decided to have everything ready by the time my Grandpa got there.

My mom and Dad cooking

Me and my brothers “helping” haha

 My Grandpa and his kids were just on time!
 

Me and my “Aunt”

 We had a fun time together and had a lot of very yummy food!

After dinner, all of us played some botchy ball.  It was a lot of fun, and me and my Great-Grandma won!



The winners!

 After the picnic, we all drove across the street and got to look at this old school house.  The really neat thing is that this is the school house where my Great –Grandma went to school.  She finished all 8 grades here!  I thought it was awesome to get to see it! 

The next day, we headed out to Minnesota to hang out with my momma’s family.  Before we did though, we played a little dress up with my Grandma’s antique clothes.  Ethan wanted me to dress up in military clothing with him so I did.

And as always, Ethan stole the show!

These were both my mom and I’s favorite outfits!

 Right before we jumped in the car for Minnesota, we took some family pictures.

The drive to Minnesota really wasn’t so bad.  My bothers and I had fun in the car.

We had a lot of luggage!  Ha!

The week with my Grandpa and Grandma Grace was a lot of fun.  The whole weeks seemed like a blur so I am going to categorize info and pictures by activities not by days

In Minnesota, we spent a lot of time together as a family.  It was the first time I had ever met my momma's side of the family.  I was really nervous to meet them because I was not sure if they were really going to accept me as a real part of the family or not.  There was not a single moment where I felt I hadn't always been a part of the family.  This is a great family picture!

We did a lot of fun thing together including...

Playing Basketball

Praying together

Having picnics

Played with Bugs

Played Board Games

Played Volleyball

Posed for Pictures


Played Pool

Made Goblets

Meet up with old Friends

Got Silly

Played in the Sandbox

Played with Frogs

Survived a Tornato

And...Made Smores

To Be Continued in Part Two of Krawza Family Reunion...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Liz. I'm so happy you are having a wonderful summer! You deserve it!
    Love Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. that school house and those clothes are super awesome!
    ~vp

    ReplyDelete