Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 12 of the 21 Day Challenge

Day 12 of A Bowl Full of Lemons 21 Days to Getting Organized Challenge is to organize your spice cabinet.  Well my spices barley fill half a shoebox sized container in my pantry and didn't need organized, so I decided to organize my fabric.
I used to keep all of my fabric this basket:

Before Pictures

But then last week when I was at Big Lots, I found an awesome plastic 5 drawer chest.  I knew it would be perfect for my fabric so I picked it up for only $20.

I started off by taking all of the fabric out and organized it by color.  I  then made 5 different piles (for the five drawers).  1st pile: Neutral Fabrics 2nd pile Blue and Green Fabric 3rd pile: Red Pink Orange and Yellow Fabric 4th pile: IKEA (how sad is it that I have to have a separate drawer for my IKEA scraps?) and then last 5th pile: Current Projects

I then folded each of the fabrics and put them into the drawers:

I then made these super cute labels.



All done!  I am so happy with how it turned out.  Too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment