Monday, January 17, 2011

New Years

This post is a little late but better late than never.  On New Years Eve Eriks, Aivars and I went to the city to celebrate.  We had so much fun.  We took the train into the city because not only is it a whole lot cheaper than having to pay for parking, but it is a lot easier too.  We were really lucky because we were standing next to this lady with a baby who was using a total of 3 seats.  Well we started talking to her and when she got off she let us have her seats which was awesome!  The train was so packed I was glade we were able to sit down.


Once we got to the city we all went to pizza.  Actually we went to the same pizza place that Eriks and I went to last year for our New Years Eve dinner.  I don't remember the last time I have laughed so hard.  We got pizza, bread sticks and soda.  We were probably there for an hour just hanging out and eating.
After dinner, the three of us just walked around and got some drinks at random bars.


Around 11pm we started to make our way down to where the fireworks were going to be.  There were so many people!  I didn't remember there being so many people last year.


We were able to get a really great spot to watch the fireworks.  They were beautiful!


Once the fireworks stopped it was almost as if the flood gates were opened because it started raining really hard.  The three of us practically ran back to the station.  Because we ran, we were able to get in the front of the line for the train.  It was great because once again we were able to get a seat.


It was so much fun ringing in the new year with my two favorite men.  What made it even better was that I was able to talk to all 3 of my brothers too.  I am so excited for what 2011 has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment