Monday, January 10, 2011

Quilting Group

Since I moved to California, I found out about this website called Meetup.com. It is a site where people form groups that you can join. Then the different groups post events that anyone can go to. I started looking at this site as a way to meet new people but haven't really followed through with anything.  I still check Meetup.com every once in a while just for kicks, but this time I just so happened to find a brand new group that is all about quilting!  I was so excited.  I signed up for the next meeting which just so happened to be the very first meeting ever of this group.  I was really excited about going but I was also really nervous.  I don't know why but the last 5 years or so I have had difficulty meeting new people and get really anxious.  I am working really hard to overcome this because I do not want it to hold me back from doing what I want to do. This time especially I did not want to let my nerves get the best of me.  I was going to go.
The meeting was at 3pm on Sunday.  It was in Fremont at the organizers house.  I ended up getting there really early, so I drove around a little bit.  I turned a corner and saw this:


 Doesn't it look like the Boise Foothills?!  I think it does.  Well I pulled the car over and just looked at them for about 10 min.  It was a very nice reminder of home and made me feel happy inside.  On my way back to location, I saw this sign and laughed out loud.


I have never seen a sign that says "Speed Hump" before  only 'Speep Bump".  Now I know, my mind sometimes thinks like a fifth grader, but I don't care.  I still think this sign is funny.
 I ended up being the first one to show up.  The organizer was obviously there and so was her mother.  Over the next 30 minutes 2 other people showed up too.  We had so much fun.  I worked on cutting out my quilt (that I am blogging about on E Designs) and everyone else worked on other projects that they had brought.  We had appetizers and desserts.  Here are some pictures from the event:

Everyone at the table working on their projects

Where I was cutting

The table where everyone was working on their projects

I was actually the first person to leave, I stayed for 3 hours (I had to get home to my honey bunny).  I had so much fun though.  I am soooo glad that I went, and cannot wait until the next meetup!

No comments:

Post a Comment